Monday, June 16, 2008

Diaper Cake

Good morning!
We have the day off today! Mike only has two more days with Payless, and 7 days he'll be at Chemawa! This week will be a crazy mix of packing, working in Salem (for me), and baby showers. One is for me, and the other for a friend from church. I was inspired last night and got crafty....I made a diaper cake! It is very cute, and we'll be going to the craft store today so I can get ribbon to finish it off! It was super fun and easy to make....people are charging like $50-200 for these things....dang!!
Alrighty off to run around before the A/C guy gets here!!

xox

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, so the diaper cake is complete!
-The base has about 40 infant diapers
-Second layer has (in the middle) a bottle
of baby lotion, and a bottle of baby wash.
-Around that are 10 washcloths (from IKEA),
and 5 bibs (also IKEA)
-the goodies that I put on are as follows:
Orange teether, blue fishy rattle (IKEA), rainbow caterpillar rattle, pair of booties (lion & elephant), and a sun shine wrist rattle. There was also a lot of rubber bands (to roll the diapers) and ribbon involved! I found a really nice video on youtube that pretty much walked you through most of it....there were a few things I had to figure out on my own tho.
Over all I'm quite proud of it!!



The best part was that it didn't cost much!! Well, normally it would have...hehe

I used a pack of diapers that I got from a friend, and the booties and wrist rattle I already had. Over all the total cost was about $10 or $12 maybe? Plus time..but it didn't really take that long considering it only has two layers...and I've never done anything like this before!!
So if you want one just let me know! I wouldn't mind making more....for a small fee :)


OH! I almost forgot....we ordered slings today! Ya know...the things ya carry yer baby around in?! We got a GREAT deal on them from the hot sling web site. Pretty much 2 for 1! That was pretty dang exciting!

Okay, off to find some dinner for me and this baby!

xoxo,

Darbie

No comments: